Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Aquarium and other achievements

Although I'm not a big fan of moving I have to admit it is so good for me to get rid of all the extra stuff in our house. I am much more motivated to purge than during my routine spring cleaning, and part of me wishes that we did this every couple of years. I suppose everything has it's sweet and sour because although I am very excited to see a new place and meet new people, I am going miss the friends and family I have here. Overall I don't have much time to be sentimental about it because there is so much to do in the next few weeks.
Before we go we are also trying to squeeze in a few of our favorite things in Seattle.
A couple of weeks ago a friend and I took our kids to the Aquarium.
Ava thourouly enjoyed the touch tanks, she was fearless.I am holding her from jumping in with the sea cucumbers!
Ava and her buddy Rand feel the tentacles of an octopus!



We got to see a giant octopus, magnificent walls full of exotic fish, seals doing tricks, otters, and walruses. Yet her favorite was climbing on this plastic orca dorsal fin, go figure!











Here are so photos of Ava hard at work.






Ava playing at the beach park



I know my baby's talented: she plays the piano, stacks blocks, and goes down the stairs like big people do.





What fun it is to have a little girl! For Mother's Day we had to wear matching outfits!

2 comments:

Jess said...

She's getting so big! And she looks so much like you. I'm excited to see you in a couple weeks. Good luck with the move!

Jacqui said...

Hi Cheryl! Ava is soooo cute! And I have to agree with Jess, she does look a ton like you! Where are you guys moving to?