Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New Toys



One service that is very popular in Australia are Toy Library's. I think it is brilliant. Your child can come borrow toys so there is always something new and exciting to play with. This is especially great for someone like me who is temporary. I was able to get Ava a kitchen set and a car she can ride around the porch, both are items I don't want to have to ship back to the U.S. someday. 




Recently I also found a new toy for myself and Ava on Gumtree.com which is the Craigslist equivalent in Australia. We bought a bike trailer! I have only had it for a week now but we have had so many fun adventures. Ava loves riding in it; sometimes I will go for hour long rides and when I get her out she asks for more and tries to get back in. Here are some of the adventures we've had so far with our bike trailer.



Our first trip was to the Melbourne Aquarium! The Aquarium is nicely located right along the river. So from our home we never had to cross any streets we conveniently just followed the river path.



On another occasion we biked out to Federation Square and the Royal Botanical Gardens. Another easy river ride! I actually didn't take pictures of our bike ride there but these are pictures when we walked/ took the tram to both places. Below is Ava at Federation square before Cadel Evans gave his big speech. Note: For those who are cyclist fans, Cadel Evans was the Tour de France winner this year and the first Australian to ever win the tour. He is kind of a big deal around here and is from Melbourne, okay technically he's from Geelong but we still claim him.
Ava running around on the hillside.


Swans at the Botanical Gardens.

Taking time to smell the roses!


Blue lips from her gingerbread cookie.


The rest of these pictures are just random things we've been doing around Melbourne.

Ava and I on a Sunday morning on our porch...
and in her bedroom




These are photos from our stake activity a few weeks ago:

Here Ava is eyeing Eric's sausage sizzle.


Playing mini golf. 
Eric at Etihad Stadium after the big Callingwood and St. Kilda game. 

I have no explanation for this except Eric insisted he get his picture next to a giant can of Man Beans.


After stake conference we went for a fun drive in the countryside. We had to get a picture of Porter Street!

One of the many views from the Dandenong mountains. 

3 comments:

Jess said...

Toy libraries, huh? That is genius! How cold is it there? We're here in Chehalis and it's so weird to know you're not around. Miss you guys!

Jared and Stephanie said...

Looks like you are having a great time. I have to walk every where here too. Isaac is really slow and it is hot but until our car gets here it keeps us in shape.

Jamie said...

Thanks for sharing your adventures. Glad to see you're enjoying Australia.